Majority of the people love using iPhone. It works smoothly, and that makes it user-friendly. It can be possible that you may have come across a situation when your iPhone would have gotten overheated. This shall not only stop you from using it but will also harm your iPhone. The solution to this issue is given in this blog so read it carefully.
Reasons behind overheating of the iPhone
- One of the major reason behind the overheating of an iPhone is presence of a bad type of battery.
- The other reason can be the temperature of the surrounding. In simple words, the place where you generally keep your iPhone.
Here’s how to troubleshoot iPhone overheating issue
Prefer using the original cable and adapter
Whenever you notice that your iPhone gets heated while charging, you should immediately stop charging. Note the result after you stop the charging. If the heating goes away, look at the cable and its adapter. It can be a fake one.
Disable the Personal Hotspot
Go through the given below instruction for disabling the Personal Hotspot.
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, press on Personal Hotspot.
- After that, press bar which is immediately after the ‘Personal Hotspot’ till the color changes to gray.
Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Look whether the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth of the iPhone is turned on or not. If it is turned on, then it can be the behind your iPhone getting overheated. Disabling Wi-Fi at the time you don’t require using it may stop the heating problem of your iPhone. Follow the given below instructions for disabling the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Firstly, visit the Control Center.
- Then, click on the symbol of Wi-Fi which is turned on.
- For disabling the Bluetooth, you need to follow similar steps. The difference is that instead of clicking on the symbol of Wi-Fi you need to click on the symbol of Bluetooth.
Enable the Airplane Mode
The function of Airplane Mode is that it stops every wireless component which comprises of preventing the overheating of your iPhone as well. Hence, prefer turning on the Airplane mode.
The method of turning off the Location Service
The Location Service continuously keeps searching for locations by using GPS . Resulting in the overheating of your iPhone. So prefer disabling this option when you are not using it.
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, press on Privacy.
After that, click on Location Services.
Graccey Leio is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.