Nowadays, a smartphone is in the hands of every person. People are working day and night to meet their basic needs. After having their tiring day, they prefer talking to their close ones on their smartphone. It is a fact that while talking on the phone if suddenly the speaker doesn’t work, then it spoils the mood and the day as well.
Fixes that can make your smartphone speaker work
- Switching on the speaker
This is the simple step to do. While talking on a phone call if the next person has not been able to listen you then prefer switching on the speaker.
- Generally, it will be located towards the left side and will brighten up as soon you switch it on by doing a simple click on it.
- Increase the volume of your call
You can come up with a situation that even though your speaker is switched on still not been able to listen to the voice properly.
In such cases, increase the volume of your call. Mostly it is present towards the left.
- The volume can be changed in two ways- with the ‘button’ or by using the ‘volume indicator on the screen.’
- You should keep increasing the volume till the time you be able to listen to the voice of the next person properly.
- Check the settings
If you still not be able to listen to the voice properly, then check the sound settings nicely.
- It can be possible that you have by mistake made the sound mute or made it very low.
- Go through the Media Volume
If not getting the voice even after following the above instruction, then go through the media volume. It can be switched off. To change this, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, go to Applications.
- Then, click on Settings.
- After that, press on Sounds and vibrations.
- Next, click on Volume.
- Lastly, increase the volume in the Media slide by pulling it rightward.
- Check DND
Check DND, it can be possible that the reason behind no voice was the switched on DND.
- This option will be found in the settings of your smartphone.
- Reboot your smartphone
Many of the time, a reboot can solve your problem quickly. It may seem useless, but it does work out. The method of doing it is given below-
- Firstly, press the power button.
- Then, note that you’ll be given three options.
- Lastly, select the Restart option.
Note: In some of the smartphones, instead of restart, reboot option will be present.
Graccey Leio is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.